Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Waiting for a Weather Window . com

It's been overcast for a couple of days now. Despite that, the horde of tourists coming by plane and cruise ships continue to sport their floppy sun hats and shades. I guess it's the sightseer uniform regardless of weather.

One mini gale after another have been sweeping across the section of the North Atlantic for a few days now. Another blow expected tonight and again on Wenzday (English language improvement program in progress).

My visa runs out on Monday but I can get an extension if I want to. I'm still keeping y options open at this point. Mind you the weather isn't too dire. I could leave anytime I want to. But with John's departure the pressure of deadlines have been lifted and I'm more in favour of being patient and waiting for a better weather window so I can enjoy a timely and pleasant sail up north.

Did laundry today. Very exciting. Now that I've watched all 70+ of the Chinese pirated DVD movies I picked up for a pinch of salt in West Africa, I have to discover new ways to pass the time here.The social life seems limited for single-handers. Perhaps I'll have to dig a bit deeper to uncover the goings on in pristine St. Geoge's Harbour.

No comments: