Thursday, April 17, 2008

progress so far ...

Hi Folks,

We had a good sail up here from Trinidad to Tortola with alll problems, such as engine and windvane stearing breakdowns, sorted and repaired on route.

We travelled approximately 500 miles in 4 days which is quite satisfying.

It only took as two days to recover from motion sickness and start eating properly again - which is usual for me and thankfully John too.

Unfortunately we were pushed too far west to stop at any of the other islands on the way but did sail within eyesight of Granada, Nevis and St Kitts.

Our list of "to do's" is now finished here in Road Town Tortola and we are just enjoying some land existence and waiting for improving weather patterns to set off for Cape Breton. A stop in at Bermuda is possible but unlikely given prevailing wind and currents. I expect the trip to take between 2 and 4 weeks giving us an arrival in Cape Breton and Charlottetown sometime mid-May.

John no longer wants to contribute to the blog. Not sure why. Perhaps a lack of "what's in it for me" appeal. But no worries. He hasn't totally cut himself off. He continues to correspond in private with his parents via email. (Or so he tells me).

So Grampa John, Emma, Tony, Jackie, Alan, and whomever else might have been following this blog so far I'm afraid to say that the youthful enthusiastic dimension of this blog has dissapated and only the weary jaded eye of myself remains.

I have some pictures to upload and will do so when I get an internet connection for my laptop.

till later,

Simon

No comments: