Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Still here

I'm thinking about changing the name of this blog into "Stuck in PEI".

The days slide by in a haze of old friends, outings and alcohol as I continue to wait for the arrival of pilot guides for Newfoundland, Greenland, Iceland and Norway.

Sailing the northern latitudes is only wise in the summertime. By the end of August one should be at least back in the 50's. With the fireworks of July 1 / Canada Day over I feel my Valhalla Voyage is already behind schedule.

If I'm not in open waters by this time next week I might have to cut Greenland out of the equation this time round. Save it for my transit of the North West passage perhaps. See how it goes.

The final spudzooka scene in the Adventures of Ara' Deg video had to go through a few takes before getting it right and I pasted them together below for your viewing pleasure.

The PEI Liberation Front has caused a bit of a stir locally and my comrade Mac has been taking orders for our t-shirts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what are 'pilot guides', maps? men who look like Captain Pugwash to guide you through choppy waters? friendly whales?